Saturday, August 30, 2008

End Of Summer

It has been a very very strange summer. My scooter was without a battery for most of the summer-so I have only sat outside in the back a couple of times. Otherwise I have been in the house listening to podcasts and audible.com books.

Here is one sock that I have done using circular needles and general sock instruction from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi



I also am working on a toe up sock using Tofutsie and grabbing instructions as needed from different socks in the same book.

This one is at the gusset stage with two rows of heel stitch ( sl k1) between the HOMEMADE stitch markers

Here is my greastest accomplishment - I taught myself to use one circular needle for two socks at a time, again done toe up. This is the Leaf and Tendril Sock from the same book by Cat Bordhi. The yarn is from Storm Moon Knits and from the Celtic Knot Yarn shop where I belong to the sock club. Not using sock club pattern though.




Well that is all the knitting of socks I am doing. I have also started on the Lion's Crochet Along Sampler Afgan. It will be a Christmas present for MDH. The knitted black and green slip stitch blanket just was not going well as dogs kept pulling the yarn.
I will post an image of the first square of the Afgan when I finished it. Of course I cannot work on it until Tuesday as DH is off work due to Labor Day.

I have been enjoying Twitter. You can follow me under the name of Tanglust.



Well that is all for now. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of my work.








1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I like your yarn choices! Is that first one two different colors or is it something that just stripes that way? Glad to see that you're out and about again. And again, your hair looks great! :)